When it comes to writing, I'm always wanting to do it, but never know how to begin. Sometimes, yes, things are going on in my life that I'll share with y'all, but if it were up to me, if I had a good prompt or story, I'd write everyday.
Enter...The Single Woman's 30-Day Blogging Challenge.
All the deets are here for you to read, but as for me I'm gonna go ahead and dive right in with day one. Hope you'll either join me on this blogging expedition either through reading or writing your own, but I think it'll be fun. Here goes!
I've often thought about this question for my friends, because they're simply amazing people who are gorgeous inside and out and I think that they deserve someone to share their life with. I'm like, "Why doesn't so-and-so have a boyfriend?" and admittedly, it boggles my mind.
The closest similar question/scenario, for me, was when I was in Bible college and our college/career class hosted a wedding shower for a couple in our class who was getting married. I was all busy helping to get everything organized and making sure the party was going well, but as it continued my responsibilities decreased. In the exact moment I stopped and took a breather, one of the senior saints came up to me and said he enjoyed the party. I thanked him, and immediately his response stopped me in my tracks.
"Next, we'll be having your shower."
This poor old man. He didn't have any clue that I was probably the most single college student he had ever met. Never dated, never even had a guy be interested in me, at that. I was probably crushing on that one guy in college at this time, but knowing me I was probably doing my darndest to "get over him".
So after he said that, I'm pretty sure I laughed. "Oh no, I highly doubt that," I believe I said. And probably in the midst of the laughter, a horrible feeling was coming over me on the inside just questioning the fact "Will I ever be able to have a wedding shower?"
That was about four years ago. And we're pretty much in the same situation, just a different town. But in the ever-loving moment that I do get asked this question, my response would be simple.
I'm single because that's what Jesus has for me right now in life.
Apparently, He wants me to be single; otherwise, I'd be in a relationship. Is it an easy season to deal with? Some days, yes. Other days, no. But in my life of singleness, especially the past few months, this season has been one of learning, pruning, maturing and focusing on the Father. I don't think I'd be able to learn and minister the same way if I wasn't in this single season.
Maybe I'll never be asked this question. Or, maybe within 24 hours of writing this, I'll be bombarded with the question--I don't know. But at least I have a response...and I'm ready to answer.

No comments:
Post a Comment