Not really. Following my softball saga which shot my self-esteem (my Conundrum post--if you've yet to read it, take a look!), I headed out with my mom to town and ended up buying some clothes. And in typical girl fashion, it made me feel just a little bit better about myself.
So in this new season of life, I want to enjoy it as much as I can. And to be honest, the past 24 hours have been PRETTY FUN. Birthweek has actually been good thus far, so #herestohoping (my current favorite hashtag to use on Twitter) that the rest of the week will follow suit.
But alas, not all tales can be 100% bubbles and rainbows and frilly dresses (even though I love them all). I was a bit bummed--that's probably an understatement--when the batting order was called last night and I didn't hear my name. I thought I'd been forgotten about on the team, and I obviously let it be known.
;)
Come to find out, I was subbing out with my sister and instead of dwelling on it, I decided to use my time in the dugout wisely and cheer for my team. I said I was playing the role of Barnabas--I was going to be an encouragement.
So a couple innings later, I'm IN THE GAME! I take my spot in right field and start praying to God that no balls come my way. The other team was good, and they were pretty much hitting it everywhere. There might have been only one ball that went my way, but it wasn't horrible to the fact that I would have just lost it. Now had I been out there at the start of the game?
...I probably would have cried from failure. (like this guy)
Anywho, it was on offense that I really took pride in myself. Thanks to my coach/pastor/sports mentor, I've been able to learn the mechanics of softball--enough to where I actually understand and enjoy the game. Following his lead, I get a hit. And thanks to some bobbling, I got to first base!
And if that wasn't amazing enough, my pastor got me on second base.
THEN, my teammate Matt--even though he got out--was able to bump me up to THIRD.
Finally, in a moment of glorious achievement, my teammate Joe is WALKED...and lo and behold, I made it HOME!!
For those that know me (and have seen me), you know that me and athleticism don't mix. I rarely run, and when I do, I run with the excitement of an eight-year-old. Parts of me that I never expected have been sore since last night, but I'd do it again for that run to home plate. So for now...let me bask in this achievement.
Okay, NOW for the second part of the post...where all the ladies can relate. (holla if you hear me!)
With my birthday falling on a Sunday this year, there's no question that, yes, I NEED a new dress to wear at church. I told my mom that this needed to happen, so this afternoon, we got to hang out and hit up ol' Sweetwater. Seriously, if you ladies don't shop or don't go to Cato...you're missing out!
We browse the selection (mainly clearance, because hey, that's where it's at!) and while I tried on two other dresses, I found the CUTEST dress and a cover up. The color combination? I called it pink lemonade. It was gorgeous!
But because I'm really weird when it comes to fashion, I have to buy outfits that are versatile. Had it been the first part of June, I'd been all over that outfit. But late August? I wasn't going to get another wear out of it before I transition to fall fashion.
I did, however, get an amazing deal on a red pencil skirt, at the grand total of... $3.24! I seriously can't wait to wear it...especially in the winter...with some tights! (#eagerlyawaitingwinter)
![]() |
| The coveted maxi dress (either this or in pink!) |
But also because I'm really weird when it comes to how I dress, notably when I sing at church (yes, the good Lord blessed and scheduled it to where I get to sing on Sunday!!), I felt the maxi dress screamed "Let's go to the beach!" instead of "Let's get my worship on!" So sadly, I opted out of it.
...and I bought this dress that I'm DYING to wear! But you'll have to wait till Sunday to find out what it is...and what song I'm singing. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment