So I'm taking myself up on the challenge.
And in no particular order...
- I was able to wake up yesterday to celebrate my birthday!
- My dad gave me $26--a dollar for each year of life.
- My parents bought us our favorite pizzas--pepperoni lovers & chicken with bell pepper and green onion from Pizza Hut...delish!
- I learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em. With Starburst.
- I was able to sing one of my ALL-TIME favorite songs at church yesterday. Shout out & thanks to Michael for his phenomenal guitar-playing skills!
- My second grade teacher Mrs. Ritchey came to hear me sing at church...it was an unexpected blessing!

#6. A bit early for #ThrowbackThursday,
but here's Mrs. Ritchey and me when I was in her class! - My niece Oakley and nephews Cameron and Nathan sang Happy Birthday to me over the phone...twice :)

#7: My birthday singers,
Nathan, Cameron & Oakley :) - My baby nephew Alexander attempted to say Happy Birthday to me. I appreciate his effort :)

#8. Little Alexander at his recent trip to Gatti's! - My mom made us an ice cream cake that was out of this WORLD!
- My uncle called me yesterday at 6:30 a.m. and sang Happy Birthday to me.
- Our Sunday morning service was INCREDIBLE--folks came forward to make their salvation public. Praise that Lamb!
- Sunday evening's church service was a delight with some veteran missionaries sharing their ministry with us!
- So many people from church wished me a Happy Birthday. Each of them were special to me :)
- I attempted an online hair tutorial yesterday to doll myself up. Sadly, after becoming a nervous, sweaty mess, frizz won the battle. (and I don't know if my hair was long enough...)
- My college buds Mattie and Vanessa and my sister Stephane sent me birthday texts!
- My Twitter pals gave me online shout-outs yesterday!
- The birthday love on Facebook from across the country overwhelmed my heart...so thanks to all those who wished me a great day!
- The dress I bought to wear to church...I absolutely LOVED wearing it!

#18. I bought it at K-Mart...
I love its design name, "jigsaw"! - I was able to wrap up the day by sitting and talking to the ones who make my birthday extra special...my twin sister and mother :)
- I got the ritualistic Sunday afternoon nap in. Even if it was just an hour.
- I was able to help out my bud Britt and had a good "talk" with her online. So thankful for edifying and encouraging friendships in the Lord!
- At 12:01 a.m. my sister and I wished each other Happy Birthday. Nothing better than to get the first birthday wish from my "womb"mate. ;)

#22. My birthday present FIVE years ago!
So, which one is which?... - I got some awesome gifts (yes, I count food as gifts) from friends. Thanks to Preacher, Chris and (even if it was today) Tatiana!
- I won (at least once) at Uno during our monthly church fellowship, which took place last night. Shout out to our gaming group!
None of us knows how the next chapter of our life will read. But as we look to Jesus and “run with endurance the race that is set before us,” we can trust Him—the author and finisher of our faith (Heb. 12:1-2). Jesus wrote the beginning of our story, and He’ll write the next chapter and the ending as well.For year 26, I don't know what's ahead. It could be the year that brings me through trials. It could be where God sees fit to bless me in huge ways--I just don't know. But that morning, I knew God was trying to tell me something.
Give this year to Him.
So I asked Him to help me. Whether it's a good year, a bad year or (me, being a realist) my last year on this earth, I want to be able to cling to Him so tightly, so closely that all you see is Him. Preacher asked during the morning service if we were being a stumbling block or a stepping stone...a help or a hindrance, and I want to be used by Him so that others don't see me, but Him through me.
Birthweek and Birthmonth might be over, but the journey is just beginning...and I'm so looking forward to it.
Great article! May God continue to BLESS you!!! ~Stephanie a.k.a. @GrayLandTweets
ReplyDeleteFriend, I JUST found this!! Thanks for the blogging love! :)
Delete