Wednesday, January 8, 2014

He never stops talking.

It happened again.

But I really appreciate it.

Awhile back, Jesus spoke to me through a bunch of blog posts and articles that I had read. And it seems as if He's done the same thing again, and I feel that I would doing an injustice to my readers and myself and even my Lord if I didn't joyfully exclaim what He's taught me.

1. A Gut-Level Honest Struggle Almost Every Christian Leader Faces
Now, I'm not a "Christian leader" in the sense of being a paid staff member (even though I did spend a year in children's ministry), but once I read it, I took it in regard to ministry leadership, like working with the youth and "littles" (what I call the 2 years olds through Kindergarten class I've taught). 

But personally, I dealt with the exact same things the author did while in that paid position, so I could relate. Yes, my faith was shot after leaving the paid ministry...it took quite a while to overcome and get to where I am now. But with the understanding that "engaging the Scriptures helps me engage God", like with my 2014 Project, my desire is to be a leader who does what she can to daily meet with the Savior.

2. Restless
I'm new to Susie Davis' blogs, but  each one I've read has been exceptional. This one is no different, as it challenges me to think about my life. When I thought about my "God dream", my first thought was "write a book", but then I was like "I've kind of already done that (Second Best)".

However, the main question (seen, at left) posed in this blog REALLY made me think about my loves in life, who I am and how God has crafted me...and how I can use it all for Him. And hopefully, you'll register for the random drawing, too!

3. Are You Satisfied?
I have to encourage you...if you don't have a daily devotion emailed to you, please get one. It's been a delight for me and I've really enjoyed it and been challenged by it.

I shared one of my favorite quotes from the devo on Facebook, but there were so many to share. This one, I'm particularly fond of:
Contentment is having a heart that is alive to God and the people around us even when we don’t have what we want. 
WOW. I've continually struggled with contentment for most of my life. It's almost like my "thorn in the flesh". But these words...they finally allowed me to get a different perspective on this challenge/burden, and I just want to grab hold of them until they sink into my stubborn little mind.
4. Waiting on God is Hard, and That's OK
Well, looks like a trend has started.

If you know me and have read my blogs, you know my heart. You know that one of the biggest desires I have (which I believe to be God-given) is to get married and have a family of my own. But at the same end, if you've been a blog-reading faithful, you know that I'm one of the most single people that you'll ever encounter.

But this writing said that my waiting pales in comparison to eternity, that waiting allows me to grow in God and come to the understanding that He indeed is enough--whether we get what we want or not. It's as if contentment and waiting go hand-in-hand, and that realization came to me while reading this. And whether it's that desire for marriage, family or even waiting for a answer to a simple prayer request, I can bask in the beauty of my Savior and His ministry in that meantime.

5.  New Year’s Resolutions: Being okay with not knowing where you’re going
I could DEFINITELY relate to the author when she talked about change (if you remember my Christmas blog), and I was already drawn into the story because of my resolution/2014 Project. But the big question of "going without knowing"--along with the other questions--really spoke to my heart.

I hate that sometimes, we think we know what God is going to do. Every little thing seems to be falling in place. But the beauty of God and His ways is that, at the end of the day, whether we're right or wrong...we can rest assured that He IS working in our midst and will show Himself to us. And as long as we're with Him, even if we don't know His direction, it's going to work out. For good. To those that love God and are called according to His purpose.

6. Why You Should Have More Than One Significant Other
Just when I was like "Ooh, Jesus seems to be teaching me a BUNCH of different stuff," He brings this article across my News Feed.

Yes, Lord? Is there anything You REALLY want me to know/comprehend/grasp?


Let's camp out here for a bit, shall we? Anytime in church when a sermon is directed to couples/marrieds/parents, I'm all ears. I admit, there was a time when as soon as those words would be spoken, I would basically in my mind hashtag the excerpt as #irrelevent. But now that I'm a bit older and under the personal belief of being just a tad bit wiser, I'll listen.

I probably looked like this Sunday night at church! *facepalm*
And actually, now I'm kind of like Spongebob, and not just soaking it in like a sponge because that's what he's made of. My eyes kind of get big and I'm very intently listening, smiling while trying to get as much life wisdom as possible. And then, if need be, I'll head* to the altar to pray about relationships in my life.

*More like run. Seriously. You can ask one of our deacons, who called me out after one service when he witnessed me practically climbing over my parents to make it to the altar to pray for my future spouse. hashtag: my silly little life :)

Anyway, so I read this article. And I love its approach, how it challenges the concept of the SO. Shouldn't everyone we come in contact in our lives be significant? Aren't the things around us significant? And above all, isn't our relationship with God the most significant of all?

Yes. And I have to and desire to live this way.

7. Messy is Good
This blogger...oh goodness, I simply love her posts! The content, the writing style, how her personality just shines with every writing...I aspire to be like her as a blogger, not gonna lie.

I had to laugh when I first read her anecdote to start off the blog. Seriously, it's like she knows me...how did she know that I've done this before AND just maybe STILL do it? Insert smiley face.

She challenged me to just keep writing, whether anything tremendous is going on. So many times, friends, I just have this HUGE desire to write, but nothing is coming to me. Or maybe something is, but I'm worried that it won't be anything important and that my page views will end up maxing out around 10 or so.

And the way she brought God into the picture--splendid! Even when the mundane or imperfections seem to dwell around us--or what we consider those things to be, He's still around, waiting to hear from us. And maybe, just maybe, that's the way you are with my blog.

Or perhaps, that's how we are with God, just waiting to hear from Him. I didn't ask God to speak to me with these posts, but He did and I couldn't be more thankful. But He's always speaking, and He doesn't stop. We just HAVE to listen.

Because in the moment that we can't hear Him...it's high time to run back to Him and crave His words, His love and simply who He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment