My journey of being a single, twenty-something, local newspaper staff writer & wannabe author...occasionally mixed in with the rest of my random life.
Thursday, February 5, 2015
Pow-wow with God #13
It was one of those mornings, as usual.
Don't get me wrong. I know You're always there. But in a place like this, it seems as if darkness invades and thrives and blocks out You and all Your splendor. I think sometimes I discount prayer (and sadly, sometimes I use it as a vending machine service to get what I want), because when I said, "Have I forgot to ask You to help me here today?", I didn't realize You would provide a temporary way of escape.
The phone call came. And even during that conversation I didn't realize what way this escape would be. It was just another assignment, I figured when walking to the space. But upon arrival, I kind of imagined that there was more to this then met the artistic eye.
The spirit was sweet. And so was the conversation. It was a literal emergence from a dark place to a place full of light. Your Light. Where You were at the forefront and center of the conversation. Where Your Spirit dwelt in the words and the art. Where Your beauty radiated off the canvas. Where the realization of talents truly stem from You. Where Your leadership is heard and obeyed.
So thank You, Lord, for providing the temporary way of escape when I needed it most. Thank You for the fellowship of believing sisters. Thank You for allowing Scripture to unfold in my own life so that I can bear this burden. I might be back in the darkness, but now it seems like Your Light shines a little brighter within me so that I can make it through this day, solely through You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment