Summer is finally upon us...school's out (like that really matters to me now), the days are longer, it's HOT!, but summer's here! What does that necessarily mean to me? Not much, outside of traveling to see the family for birthday, holidays, and other special days. It's good to get out every now and then...especially in this town.
Summer also means new TV shows, while the usual ones go on hiatus. WIPEOUT! I love that show...the sneak peek 2 hour Blind Date special was amazing...I don't think I had laughed that hard in a long time! And right now, I must admit, my guilty pleasure is True Beauty. I usually only watch the last 15 minutes or so, but I just love the look on the people's faces when they're like 1)I didn't win? because they think they're so gosh-darn amazing that they should have and 2)that it was more than outer beauty they were looking for. Like, I love when Vanessa Minnillo comes out and pretty much tells them "you're a jerk...you'll see why we think that". That's about all I've seen so far, but I did hear that Dating in the Dark is coming back...oh the superficialness of humanity at its best (or worst, however you see it).
Summer also means...NBA FINALS! Boston and LA...one of the most chronicled rivalries in basketball, dare I say in professional sports. Right now Lakers are up 2-1, but I say Boston could have easily won last night! I hope that Boston can come back these next two games at home, and then go to LA to win it all. So what am I saying? Boston in 6. Will it happen?...no clue.
Also going along with the summer/sports thing is the Home Run Derby and All-Star game for the MLB! I used to watch them in high school, but without cable, there's no way to watch them. So that leaves me with the internet...slightly sad, but it's not like I follow baseball avidly. I'm more that way with football.
And...summer means GREAT MOVIES! While I will probably end up waiting to see most, if not all of them, on DVD, it's good just to know what's big this summer. Toy Story 3, Eclipse, GROWN UPS! are just a few that I can think about, but I'm sure if I took the time to think about it, there's alot more. But I don't feel like thinking.
Welp...see ya later! =v)
No comments:
Post a Comment